Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pesky Montenegrins!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by syebba View Post
    Well done on your 0-0 draw at wembley versus England.
    You remain top of the group.
    Podgorica,i'm looking forward to october 2011
    England had 4 or 5 good chances to score,the monty shot at the crossbar was a g8 strike,it deserved to go in.
    Is the monty coach the father of the croatian coach?
    Cheers..
    England's National Team has always reminded me of Tim Henman. If you get my drift...
    ne znam, nemam, ne mogu, necu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by =]Vlado[= View Post
    England's National Team has always reminded me of Tim Henman. If you get my drift...
    Yes all hype & never win!
    Good players for their clubs,but when it comes to the national side,England struggle.

Ref tennis,Tim Henman,nice guy,but not good enough,Andy Murray[Scottish] should do much better than Tim.
    ta..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

He is way too defensive... I hope it is not too late for him to change that.
    ne znam, nemam, ne mogu, necu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth
    USA is something else... Do you know where is Paris? -WHAT?!
    That's actually a common misconception. It's somewhat difficult to find an American who isn't able to locate Paris on a map. Media outlets just happen to have fun hunting the fools down and parading them around for the world to see.

This is probably going to get me banned, but here are the educational statistics from 2006 and 2009. I'd suggest you find the US and Montenegro on the lists. If you review the stats, you'll note that to date, the US has consistently scored higher than Montenegro in Mathematics, Science, and Reading. Yet I don't find Montenegrans particularly stupid, do you?

I wouldn't put too much stock into what the media feeds you.

http://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d...s/dt09_402.asp
    http://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d...s/dt09_403.asp

2009:
    http://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/2009...is/table06.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Mathematics, Science, and Reading
    We were talking about simple Geography answers. I don't need media, neither statistics... UK and US ministers and presidents don't know where is Belgrade, can't make difference between Iran & Irak, which Korea is bigger, they want to rule the world and they are telling us that we are stupid... US college girls never heard of France? Don't know how many sides has triangle? Intresting... And UK people who claims that they are smartest, bravest, oldest, richest, hate everyone else, they have their own measures & stuff, ask where the **** is MNE?
    Nowhere, we don't exist, it's all fake, easiest answer for them, we don't want to bother them at all...
    If you turn a man into a fish, you will catch him for a day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    We were talking about simple Geography answers. I don't need media, neither statistics... US college girls never heard of France? Don't know how many sides has triangle? Intresting... And UK people who claims that they are smartest, bravest, oldest, richest, hate everyone else, they have their own measures & stuff, ask where the **** is MNE?
    Nowhere, we don't exist, it's all fake, easiest answer for them, we don't want to bother them at all...
    I'm inclined to believe those statistics tend to provide a more accurate representation of general US and Montenegrin performance (as compared to the rest of the world) than your unbacked opinions. ;p

Just because you want to believe that all US or UK citizens/dignitaries aren't familiar with Iran, Iraq, N/S Korea, Belgrade and France, or can't count the sides on a triangle, doesn't make it true. With regards to the ability to count the sides of a triangle, testing appears to refute your statement by providing evidence toward the fact that they can in fact count them.

UK and US ministers and presidents don't know where is Belgrade, can't make difference between Iran & Irak, which Korea is bigger, they want to rule the world and they are telling us that we are stupid
    I doubt many US or UK citizens will argue with you regarding the existence of at least some ignorance within their governments.

they want to rule the world and they are telling us that we are stupid
    First, why attribute that behavior to just Americans and Brits? It appears to go hand in hand with the arrogance of government leadership. Singapore was caught doing exactly that recently. As 98.8% of the Singaporean population is comprised of ethnic Chinese, Malay, or Indians, I wonder how many members of that 1.2% "Other" population group is comprised of the Americans or Brits behind this particular government fiasco. ;p

http://www.smh.com.au/world/big-fat-...211-18teg.html

Second:

http://goo.gl/Mr84z

Every country has citizens who display some sort of nationalism. Ever meet an Indian? ;p

Generalizations are useless. If you make accusatory statements regarding populations, back them up with facts.

Seriously. Lighten up. If you have a problem with some Americans or Brits, don't take it out on all of them. Doing so would make -you- appear ignorant.
    Last edited by allie; 18-05-11 at 10:01.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm, some people here usually tend to believe that we (the Balkans) are generally smarter, more educated, more intelligent than the rest of the World. It is SO not true.

Just check out the actual "PISA" results (Programme for International Student Assessment) at http://www.pisa.oecd.org (or http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/54/12/46643496.pdf) and you will see where we stand.

What PISA is (in our language: http://www.politika.rs/rubrike/Drustvo/t49789.lt.html)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Djoks,

the fools (those ones that are not smart enough) are only ones that want to compete in whatever, even in 'who is smarter' thing. The smart one wan't try to compete, he would try to avoid competing.
    From that point of view, I would tell that this result is not reflecting the real situation on the ground.
    " Damn the cargo, we'll be on our way tonight "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, haven't heard "Monty" before, I guess since we have a nickname now, we're officially not unknown anymore? I'm down with that, if it means no more of those "Where the f**k is Montenegro?!" shenanigans in the newspapers.
    a deal a day
    one a day dealsOnline Car Auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allie View Post
    I'm inclined to believe those statistics tend to provide a more accurate representation of general US and Montenegrin performance (as compared to the rest of the world) than your unbacked opinions. ;p
    I still doubt in that statistic results, very much

Seriously. Lighten up. If you have a problem with some Americans or Brits, don't take it out on all of them. Doing so would make -you- appear ignorant.
    It's not that I have a problem with them, we like to say it 'they are full of their selfs' I hope it has a meaning for you. It's very sad because I was a member long time ago of an UK, and US gaming forums. Very smart people who want to help no matter where are you from, always funny, we were not talking about games only of course, politics, religion, science etc... Let's just say people aware of their abilities, such a contrast between good and bad people I have never seen in my life... Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still doubt in that statistic results, very much
    Then research this topic yourself?

Here's why I believe generalizations might not be such a good idea:

I am an American female living in Kotor. I did attend an American University. Would you believe that I actually know where Montenegro is? At least I think I do. My passport has a stamp, so I must be close!

With that statement alone I am challenging your earlier generalizations.

It's not that I have a problem with them, we like to say it 'they are full of their selfs'
    There are self-centered and arrogant people everywhere. If only we could isolate them all within two countries and rid ourselves of them forever!!

I'm sorry you've encountered pompous/arrogant Brits and Americans. Whether you elect to define entire populations by encounters with a select few unruly members of that population is of course your prerogative. Either way, I think it's clear we're going to have to agree to disagree on this topic.

I wish you luck and perhaps... patience. It sounds as though you're going to need both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Amazing how a thread mutates away from the original topic

On a brief note you get twats & chavs in every country,that's why i'm not over joyed at the prospect of budget airlines,easyjet & ryan air possibly flying into Tivat from 2012 from the UK!

Interesting the monty gov has been protecting montenegro airlines,with the budget airlines,montenegro airlines will find it near on impossible to compete,but that being said the budget airlines will only fly into Tivat for maybe 4 months a year,so i can understand the position that puts montenegro airlines in.

Anyway hopefully in October after the game in Podgorica,i'll be doing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by syebba
    Interesting the monty gov has been protecting montenegro airlines,with the budget airlines,montenegro airlines will find it near on impossible to compete,but that being said the budget airlines will only fly into Tivat for maybe 4 months a year,so i can understand the position that puts montenegro airlines in.
    That might actually be good news. A more competitive market will hopefully force Montenegro Airlines to step up and pull their sh*t together. Or they'll just go out of business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That might actually be good news. A more competitive market will hopefully force Montenegro Airlines to step up and pull their sh*t together. Or they'll just go out of business.
    Well you'd hope so,but they'll go bust against easyjet,ryan air,wizz air etc.
    I can fly into Dubrovnik with easyjet if booked well in advance for 90 euro return,montenegro airlines into tivat want 200 euro minimum,over twice the price!

A bird strike occured at tivat airport today,an eagle hit the nosecone of a plane,took several hours to repair,ha,where i come from it'd be a pigeon!

Air Berlin has already commenced flights,so the skies are opening up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I am an American female living in Kotor.
    holly **** sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love flying into Tivat, but as you say its far too expensive.....I am flying out of and into Dubrovnik 4 times this summer mostly via easyjet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by syebba View Post
    Amazing how a thread mutates away from the original topic:
    That's a trademark of this forum.

How many days do you plan to stay in Montenegro once you come to support English national football team?

Do good for Montenegrin tourism and stay longer than you planned, spend some money and help a country in transition period from communism to capitalism :joint:

At least, you can have a unique experience of relatively wild country rushing towards civilized society.

Ain't it interesting?
    Last edited by Cousteau; 23-05-11 at 22:34.
    'Atomik, o-o, atomik, ou tunajt'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been to monty many times,started going 2007,been about 20 times since.

Noticed more french & US arriving but fewer brits & irish,russian numbers seem about the same as last few years.

I'll watch the game on the telly in UK with a few beers come October.

'a relatively wild country rushing towards a civilised society',i like that,could'nt of said it better myself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Kenneth: I stand corrected. Maybe my countrymen ARE stupid:

Bill Clinton Mixes up Montenegro and Macedonia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some days are just like this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I forgive him, he's old

I blame our ministers who welcomed him as a God. He was president of USA while they were bombing us, not so long ago. What would happen if Osama was walking the streets of NY today? NATO, on paper, is more terroristic organization than Al-Kaida and just over 2,500 people died in 1999, same as in 9/11... He would be shot immediately except he is completely innocent... But they kill him anyway...

Lock this topic we ruin it completely...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's nothing like insane ranting about Osama bin Laden to kill a conversation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I forgive him, he's old

I blame our ministers who welcomed him as a God. He was president of USA while they were bombing us, not so long ago. What would happen if Osama was walking the streets of NY today? NATO, on paper, is more terroristic organization than Al-Kaida and just over 2,500 people died in 1999, same as in 9/11... He would be shot immediately except he is completely innocent... But they kill him anyway...

Lock this topic we ruin it completely...

This topic is a jewel among many within this sub-forum. The rest is waste of time.

Our foreign guests may have felt insulted due to your observation, but I understand you since I was in Montenegro during the time.

Will, don't leave the topic.

Thread Information