Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting a new life in Montenegro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Starting a new life in Montenegro

Hello to all... I have read a few posts and even made one of my own (before I noticed the "English Only" thread...) feel kind of silly... But anyway... I have done some research on line about Montenegro and congradulate you on your new Independence as a new Nation... In the US I recently sold my Compter sales and repair business, where I built new custom gaming computers and repaired just about any computer... I also had room for a internet cafe... Well I'd like to move my family to your Beautiful country and start a similar business. The research I've done has been very informative on one hand but very impersonal on the other hand... I would like to ask those who live there and who have experianced Montenegrin life how an American business man would be taken in? and get to know a few new friends. A few questions i have are:

What is a good estimate on housing cost for 3 or 4 people and if housing difficult to find?

The challenges of starting a new business as a foreigner?

Language barriers, is english a widly spoken language?

Laws and Government and what I may need to know.

If anyone would like to open a coversation about this topic I would very much embrace it.

Thank You

Dadeo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

you have a private message from me.... i could help you out with all that info...
    "i da imam odakle mi?"(Ozzy)
    LINUX CG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IceAge, maybe this is just a little joke .. take it easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by CodeName_22 View Post
    IceAge, maybe this is just a little joke .. take it easy
    we'll find out soon enough.....
    LINUX CG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo View Post
    If anyone would like to open a coversation about this topic I would very much embrace it.

Thank You

Dadeo
    I sent you PM.

@ IceAge, this one s just for u:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Ako pri svakoj prijateljskoj usluzi odmah misliš na zahvalnost, onda nisi darovao, već prodao.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Btw. Dadeo, here is something about Montenegro:

Ako pri svakoj prijateljskoj usluzi odmah misliš na zahvalnost, onda nisi darovao, već prodao.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by shrek View Post
    I sent you PM.

@ IceAge, this one s just for u:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    hehe, good one
    LINUX CG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

haha Dadeo noone speaks english in Montenegro, I think you're gonna have quite a time, and i wouldnt advise you starting business there, just warning you for your own good
    "Kad slučajno zaželiš radit, śedi, pričekaj, viđećeš, proćiće te."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo View Post
    Hello to all... I have read a few posts and even made one of my own (before I noticed the "English Only" thread...) feel kind of silly... But anyway... I have done some research on line about Montenegro and congradulate you on your new Independence as a new Nation... In the US I recently sold my Compter sales and repair business, where I built new custom gaming computers and repaired just about any computer... I also had room for a internet cafe... Well I'd like to move my family to your Beautiful country and start a similar business. The research I've done has been very informative on one hand but very impersonal on the other hand... I would like to ask those who live there and who have experianced Montenegrin life how an American business man would be taken in? and get to know a few new friends. A few questions i have are:

What is a good estimate on housing cost for 3 or 4 people and if housing difficult to find?

The challenges of starting a new business as a foreigner?

Language barriers, is english a widly spoken language?

Laws and Government and what I may need to know.

Thank You

Dadeo

Hi Dadeo,

The housing is not a problem - depending on your budget and a location, it could range from $300+ for four bed flat (or house) in and around Podgorica. Prices are about 20-30% higher by the seaside.

Business-like, Montenegro is lacking nearly everything, including cash, since the average salary is around $250-300 dollars, we can't afford to buy but the basics.
    North of the country is no-go area for business - underdeveloped and completely ruined by the lack of investment by the goverment and the montenegrin business community, it is pretty difficult to start any sort of business: unemloyment is over 30%, wages - around 70% on the national level, huge lack of skills - produced by migration towards more prosperous Podgorica, Budva, Belgrade, Sarajevo...

Podgorica is the most prosperous and probably (the) only place where you should try to strat your business, though seaside is attractive too, but seasonal in character...

Don't know much about import/export duties for your type of business, but they shouldn't be high. Major problem is (as always) late or lost delivery, illegal whilling and dealing within and in-between state bureaucracy...

Goverment taxes and employers contributions are rather high - ranges from 50%, up to 100% - on salaries over 1000 euros...

The only good news: the corporate tax is very low, around 9%! :-)

Languages are poorly spoken - you should expect on average every 10th Montenegrin to know English, but only enough for basic communication.

Hope this helps.

Regards

jujy

;o))
    Last edited by jujy; 01-05-07 at 15:06.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jujy View Post
    Hi Dadeo,

The housing is not a problem - depending on your budget and a location, it could range from $300+ for four bed flat (or house) in and around Podgorica. Prices are about 20-30% higher by the seaside.

Business-like, Montenegro is lacking nearly everything, including cash, since the average salary is around $250-300 dollars, we can't afford to buy but the basics.
    North of the country is no-go area for business - underdeveloped and completely ruined by the lack of investment by the goverment and the montenegrin business community, it is pretty difficult to start any sort of business: unemloyment is over 30%, wages - around 70% on the national level, huge lack of skills - produced by migration towards more prosperous Podgorica, Budva, Belgrade, Sarajevo...

Podgorica is the most prosperous and probably (the) only place where you should try to strat your business, though seaside is attractive too, but seasonal in character...

Don't know much about import/export duties for your type of business, but they shouldn't be high. Major problem is (as always) late or lost delivery, illegal whilling and dealing within and in-between state bureaucracy...

Goverment taxes and employers contributions are rather high - ranges from 50%, up to 100% - on salaries over 1000 euros...

The only good news: the corporate tax is very low, around 9%! :-)

Languages are poorly spoken - you should expect on average every 10th Montenegrin to know English, but only enough for basic communication.

Hope this helps.

Regards

jujy

;o))
    WOW juji... Thanks for all the great info... i spoke with iceage at some length with msn im and between what he has told me and the information you have given me helps me a great deal...

What i want do is have a hand in both the seasonal tourist market and the local community market by way of an internet cafe (maybe several) along the coast line and also provide computers and computer repair and networking services to businesses. I know Montenegro is a little behind when it comes to technology, so one of my ideas is to bring a few hundred good used computers with me and give them to students for free as part of my investment to your country and locals people...

but the more information I can get from helpful people like you the better prepaired I can be... I would also like to find someone who will help me on a more personal level with things like providing contacts and helping me find living quarters and picking up any forms or documents I may need to fill out ... Things like that... Someone on the inside so to speak...

Thank you again jujy

Dadeo

PS If you would like to know more about me and my company here in America please visit http://www.pcsnparts.com
    Last edited by Dadeo; 01-05-07 at 16:26.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Welcome to our beautiful country! If you really have a good business plan, and enough money to start it, you cannot fail! Podgorica is the right place for you. Trust me!
    Best wishes!
    "There’s no such thing as good money or bad money. There’s just money." - Lucky Luciano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Luximus View Post
    Welcome to our beautiful country! If you really have a good business plan, and enough money to start it, you cannot fail! Podgorica is the right place for you. Trust me!
    Best wishes!
    Thank You...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No worries dude! But you have to learn Montenegrian... With English, you can't do so much in Montenegro...
    "There’s no such thing as good money or bad money. There’s just money." - Lucky Luciano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No worries dude! But you have to learn Montenegrian... With English, you can't do so much in Montenegro...
    Already starting to learn with my son... he is very excited to move to Montenegro...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's great. He will find here a lot of hoooot chicks... If you buy him a good car...then...well...you know what I mean...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's great. He will find here a lot of hoooot chicks... If you buy him a good car...then...well...you know what I mean...
    He will be glad to know that!...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i just won`t to say welcome and ask you will we have reduction of price in your store

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    i just won`t to say welcome and ask you will we have reduction of price in your store
    Thank you... I will be glad to give discounts to my friends...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh computers nice, im not sure if theres that much competition in that field over there, is internet cafes lucrative business you would say?

I remember in Herceg-Novi i was in a internet cafe, not too many people...

Good luck though!
    "Kad slučajno zaželiš radit, śedi, pričekaj, viđećeš, proćiće te."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote=CGmafiozz;632514]oh computers nice, im not sure if theres that much competition in that field over there, is internet cafes lucrative business you would say?

I remember in Herceg-Novi i was in a internet cafe, not too many people...

Good luck though![/quot]

The internet is the world wide means for communication... If any country wants to partisipate in the world economy they have to have internet access... not just for government and the wealthy but for everyone
    What Ever You Do Have Fun Doing It!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i am sure you will earn money here i mean it, internet cafe are expancive here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hopfully my long term plans will bring the cost of computers and internet access down to a more affordable cost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haha, really now...I hear they are pretty I know simple phrases at the moment, like "Zdavo, zovem se Aaron." That should work for a couple minutes, and other stuff like that

~DC

P.S. I'm Dadeo's son
    Last edited by DigitalCooper; 01-05-07 at 21:55.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

need workers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes i will when we arrive.... 3 to 4 per location

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast