Thread: Paradise Tourism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Paradise Tourism

Hello!

I need some facts about Ulcinj. Have you ever ecnountered Kosovo tourists there? How do they behave? May such ter as "paradajz tourisam" be used?

Thanks,
    Curious Hoops

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I need some facts about Ulcinj. Have you ever ecnountered Kosovo tourists there? How do they behave?
    I'm failing to see the point of this question.

How should they behave ? Why should their behaivor be any different than the behavior of other tourists ?

renaissance Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I'm failing to see the point of this question.

How should they behave ? Why should their behaivor be any different than the behavior of other tourists ?

Have you ever been in Ulcinj in july or august?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Why should their behaivor be any different than the behavior of other tourists ?
    The same thing I`ve been asking myself since the last summer...
    They don`t behave...I can`t find appropriate word for describing that kind of behaviour...at least what I`ve seen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EgZeKuToR View Post
    The same thing I`ve been asking myself since the last summer...
    They don`t behave...I can`t find appropriate word for describing that kind of behaviour...at least what I`ve seen
    I had no idea this is a real problem!
    Well I'm quite suprised by this fact. I thougt rusty_nail's question was just his way to dicriminate their ethic group.

I never heard of this problem from any montenegrin before ?

So they behave badly ? Why ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ReNaIsSaNcE View Post

Have you ever been in Ulcinj in july or august?
    Nope, I've never been in Ulcinj, thats why I had trouble to understand the real point of rusty_nail's question.

Anyway, I'm interested in causes of their bad behaivor ?
    Is their unapropriate behaivor restricted only to Montenegros coasts or they are behaive barbaric in every country that they visit ?

Frankly I've meet a couple of guys from Kosovo in Mostar, and I didnt find them barbaric, or badbehaived. They were pretty normal, smalltown guys.
    Thats why its hard form me to belive that they are notorious trouble-making tourist with lack of manners and good behaivor .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK it does exist, thank you for replies! Is this just one ethnical group or this is common for people close to poverty line? I want to define this term - "paradajz turizam" correctly.

Thank you,
    Curious George

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got nothing. Sorry

/ me ignorant on this topic

renaissance Guest

Rusty_nail ,

My opinion is that Ulcinj has the most beautiful coast in Montenegro.The most popular beach is 'Velika plaza' ,which is a 12 km long beach, and it's the longest at the Adriatic sea.The most beautiful place in Ulcinj is Ada Bojana, which is a river island with beautiful sandy beaches.There is also Valdanos(where you can notice a lot of olive trees),the old city of Ulcinj,a Female beach (enrichted with sulfate ,wich helps women to cure some female ilnessess) , and other small beaches ....Generaly , Ulcinj is marvelous and unique city...may I say the most beautiful city in Montenegrin coast. You can find a lot of nature beautyness in one place-that's why I don't think that it's to pretentious to say that Ulcinj is a paradise city
    But(there is always 'but' ) , if you are planning to visit Ulcinj you should do that in may or at the end of september.I really don't recommend you to go there for a vacation in june , july or august.As a small tawn ,I don't think that Ulcinj is suitable to accommodate that nomber of turists( wich is a lot more than it's preferable) The apsolute majority of turists in Ulcinj are Albanians from Kosovo.I don't want to sound vulgar , but I don't consider Albanians from Kosovo as a particularly clean people I had a lot opportunities to make sure of that The best description of Ulcinj would be a 'paradise city'... unfortunatelly ,it's still far from 'paradise turism'(as I mentioned before,the main reason of that situation is too many turists in summer months).But yet , it could be a paradise city as well as paradise turisam , if you visit it in may , or september , or maybe october as I recommended to you....Beeing in Ulcinj in that period could be a remarkable experience for you.Belive me , you wan't regret it! You will fell in love immediatelly! Another thing that Ulcinj has to be proud of are hospitality,and very decent and profesional hosts

Hope this will help....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you, ReNaIsSaNce! That's a useful piece of information. We are doing an article about Ulcinj and I wanted to be sure that we use the 'paradise tourism' term properly.

Thanks,
    Curious Hoops

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hahahah this is funny covjek se ocigledno raspitivao o terminu "paradajz turizam" (kao tomato ) i jesu li ljudi sa kosova tipicni predstavnici, a renaissance pocela o ljepotama ulcinja i "rajskom turizmu" :lolblue:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

rusty_nail - term "paradajz" tourism has nothing to do with "paradise". "Paradajz" in our language means – “tomato” and the term “paradajz tourists” applies to tourists who mostly arrive to Montenegro with their cars & trunk filled with all kind of groceries (tomato as a "vegetable representative" ) , in order to avoid purchasing of the local goods and spending the additional money. Those tourists tend to spend as less as possible by eating the food they brought themselves, and in case of going out to cafes & bars – they usually order a bottle of mineral water and a couple of glasses. Then they take out the concentrated juice they brought along, and mix it with the water in order to have a “soft drink” and again spend as less as possible (I’ve been witnessing such a case).

So the term “paradajz tourists” we often applied to our neighbors’ visitors, but nowadays it can be applied to Swedish, Finnish & etc. who (for example) stay in a hotel room with a mini-bar, and they bring bottles of alcohol/soft drinks from a local store outside a hotel. Of course: such amount of bottles they are able to consume - cannot fit inside a mini-bar (mounted inside a cabinet), so they remove the mini-bar door and place the bottles inside the mini-bar (to use as much space as possible), and the rest of the bottles they place around a mini-bar inside a cabinet.

Of course – these fridges get damaged, because they cannot cool-up the whole cabinet space and the whole room, but none of the tourists is willing to pay the damage caused upon leaving the hotel! Foremost – these west European tourists are now applying a “never ever seen before” technique of emptying the bottles from the mini-bar (the ones placed by a hotel staff), and then re-filling those with a water, trying to cover-up the absence of liquid they drank. Of course – they again don’t want to pay for it afterwards and you always have to struggle with them persuading them to pay for their costs (which are really low comparing to ones they would incur having the same drink in their own countries).

So – this “paradajz tourists” term can be applied to visitors from various countries through the Europe, but believe me: not for the Albanians who proved to be kin to spend their money in a decent way: having a drink in a restaurant and paying for it without arguments while, at the same time, leaving the tip for a waiter.
    Last edited by Djoks; 15-06-07 at 11:41.

renaissance Guest

hahahhahahah :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue:

Nije mi pala na pamet asocijacija na 'paradajz' turizam

U svakom slucaju ne moze da skodi...barem je dobio sve informacije

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Djoks, thanks for this detailed answer. By the way, when do I mention Albanians?
    Get in for a chat with me: icq 94542978

You look smart. I have a couple of ideas for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You were asking about Kosovo-tourists, and I guessed you must have had Kosovo-Albanians or Albanians – generally speaking - on mind, because Albanians are quite numerous in aspect of tourist arrangements guests as in coastal area, and in northern part of Montenegro (especially during the winter season), too.

Cheers! DJ

P.S. The avatar makes me smart, but don't get fooled by the looks
    Last edited by Djoks; 17-06-07 at 15:08.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't you think there is a difference between being a 'paradajz tourist' and being just plain ol' cheap?
    buy it!!!

Thread Information